On this webpage, I'll be sharing some information (my notes, Joe's writings, links to good YouTube videos, etc.) that will help people better understand and practice various Joe Dispenza meditations. I'll be addressing:
- General Concepts and Practices: how to do the "Breath" (i.e. the method of breathing that he uses often in his meditations), what he means by "space" (he uses this term a lot) and why this term/concept is commonly used in his meditations, etc.
- Specific Meditations: notes on various meditations and preparation needed for some of them
- 1st to 7th Energy Centers: Begin by placing your attention in the first energy center (the area of your perineum), and then open up your attention to the space around this center. Once you can sense this space around the energy center and tune in to its frequency, bless that center for the greatest good and with the intention of giving life to life. I want you to connect to elevated emotions—like love, gratitude, or joy—to raise the frequency of this center and create coherence in the mini-brain of this center so that it draws from a new field of energy and information. Think of the cells of your body that relate to each center as your children, and these children are looking for the proper instructions. Simply have the intention to love them and raise the frequency with that intention. Do the same for the second to the seventh energy centers.
- 8th Energy Center: The eighth and final energy center is slightly different from the previous. This time place your attention in the eighth energy center (about 16 inches—40 centimeters—above your head). As an awareness, aware that you are aware in the blackness of space above your head in space, tune your attention to the energy of space that this center occupies in space. Once you can sense the space that this energy center occupies in space, tune in to its frequency, and bless that center for the greatest good, with the intention of giving life to life. The only emotion I want you to bless this center with is gratitude, appreciation, or thankfulness, because gratitude is the ultimate state of receivership. This will allow energy that carries new information from the quantum field to enter your nervous system.
- Whole Body: Finally, the last step of this meditation is to open your focus, become aware of the space around your body in space, and place your attention on the vital energy surrounding your entire body, building a new field of energy. Since where you place your attention is where you place your energy, as you begin to surround your body with your awareness, you are creating your own field of consciousness and coherent energy around it so that all your atoms, molecules, chemicals, cells, tissues, organs, and systems will draw from a new field of electromagnetic energy.
(This was written by Dr. Joe Dispenza)
- I want you to think about a potential experience you want to have. Remember that just like the electron before it collapses into matter, the experience already exists as a potential in the energy or frequency in the quantum field. This is the energy that you’re about to tune in to.
- Once you have the new experience you want to create, assign a capital letter to it and then write that letter down on a piece of paper. Think of the letter as a symbol that represents that specific possibility in your life. Then draw two squiggly circular lines around the letter to represent the electromagnetic field that you need to generate around your body to match that potential in the quantum.
- Assign meaning to that letter so you can get even more clear about your intention. Think of some specific conditions of what you want, write down the header Intention, and list at least four of them beneath it. (The only thing I don’t want you to consider including is any mention of a time frame.)
- Finally, on that same piece of paper, write down the header Elevated Emotions and list the emotions you will feel when that imagined potential happens. These different emotions are the energy that is going to carry your intent. You really have to feel those emotions. You have to teach your body emotionally what that future is going to feel like before it happens—and you have to do that in the present moment.
(This was written by Dr. Joe Dispenza)
- Start by becoming aware of the infinite, vast space way out behind your eyes in this eternal black space. Next, proceed by resting your attention in different parts of your body, as well as the space around those parts of your body in space. For example, I want you to become aware of the space in the center of your head in this infinite black space. Then become aware of the space between the back of your throat and the back of your head in this eternal black space. Next, become aware of the vastness of space around your head in space. Feel an alive energy all around your head in this endless black space. As you move to each of these spaces within and around your body, take your time and feel it, become aware of it, and stay present with it. Then become aware of the space in the center of your throat in this endless black void of anything physical—then the space beyond your throat and around your neck in space. Now become aware of the space in the center of your chest, resting your awareness there for a few moments to anchor your attention there. Next, move your attention to the space around your body in this eternal vast space; then become aware of the space that your navel occupies in space, and keep your attention there, staying present with it for a few minutes. Begin to feel the space around your hips in this endless black void. Again, with each one, take your time to really feel it and become aware of it. Finally, I want you to become aware of how vast the black space is. Become aware that the blackness is the size of the room that you’re in, in space. By opening your focus, extend your awareness to the vastness of space beyond the room in space.
- Next, it’s time to become no body, no one, no thing, no where, in no time; to become pure consciousness and to unfold as an awareness into this infinite black space and endless field where all possibilities exist. This means you have to take your attention off of your body, the people in your life, the things you own, and the places you have to go—even where you happen to be sitting. This is how you get beyond linear time—beyond thinking about the predictable future or remembering the familiar past. I recommend that you practice moving beyond space and time for at least 10 to 15 minutes. You may want to set an alarm to remind you to move to the next step.
- As you keep investing your attention and energy into the infinite unknown realm of endless possibilities, the longer you linger in the unknown, the more you create possibilities in your life. So go deeper into the void, trusting in the unknown. Lose yourself in nothing to become everything. If you get distracted, simply return to the present moment and unfold back into possibility. Every time you return to the present moment, you are reconditioning your body to a new mind and executing a will that is becoming greater than your automatic unconscious programs.
- Next, think about your new potential by remembering your letter. Whatever you broadcast into the field is your experiment with destiny. Remember that the longer you are conscious of this energy, the more you are drawing that future experience to you. When there’s a vibrational match between your energy and that potential, you will collapse time so that new event in space can find you. Sense that energy—within you and all around you—and tune in to the energy of your future. Stay present with that energy and don’t try to make anything happen.
- Where you place your attention is where you place your energy, so now it’s time to invest your energy into your new future by remembering that future before it happens. It’s time to live that future now. What choices will you make in this new future? What things will you do? What experiences await you and how will they feel? Just let those thoughts and images come. They will become the blueprints of your destiny. What are you going to do with all your new wealth? What are you going to do with your new job? What are you going to do with your new freedom? What are you going to do with your new life? What are you going to do when you’re healthy? By mentally rehearsing what that future will be like, you’re priming your brain and body to make it look like this future event has already happened.
- When you are done, it’s time to surrender your creation to a greater mind, planting a seed in the infinite field of possibilities. Allow this greater intelligence of the unified field to organize your creation in a way that’s perfect for you—and then just let it go! Whatever intention you experience and emotionally embrace in the realm beyond space and time must manifest in this space and time. It’s the law.
- Next, take your left hand and place it over your heart, and bless your body with a new mind. Your body is your temple, so I want you to bless it and love it into life. Bless your life that it be an extension of your mind, giving new life to your life. Bless your soul that it wake you from this dream. Bless your past that it turn to wisdom, and bless your future that it be filled with opportunity and adventure. Bless the challenges in your life that they initiate you into greatness. Bless the divine in you—the power within you—and ask it to move in you, through you, and all around you—and ask it to show evidence in your life that it is real.
- It’s time to finish in a state of gratitude. If your thought sends the signal out and your feeling draws the event back to you, it’s time to open your heart and give thanks for a new life before it’s made manifest. The longer you feel gratitude, the more you’re drawing your new future to you because gratitude means it has already happened. Gratitude is the ultimate state of receivership.
- Finally, slowly bring your awareness back to a new body, to a new environment, and to a whole new time. When you’re ready, you can open your eyes and come back to the world of your senses in this dimension of space and time. Then get up from your meditation as though your future has already happened, not waiting for it to show up or waiting for it to happen, but feeling with certainty that events are unfolding at this very moment that will bring what you want directly to you in a way you could never imagine—and let the synchronicities and new possibilities find you.
(This was written by Dr. Joe Dispenza)
- To begin this meditation, start by activating your heart center for one song. Start with your eyes closed and rest your attention in the space in the center of your chest in space. Where you place your attention is where you place your energy. Doing this means you’re acknowledging your connection to the unified field. Keep your awareness there for at least 2 to 3 minutes.
- As you rest your attention in the center of your chest in space, allow your breath to flow in and out through this center. Stay present with each breath. Breathe slower, deeper, and more relaxed. Work with your body so that it knows it is safe to breathe. If your mind wanders, return your attention back to this process. Do this for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Next, while you rest your attention in your fourth center, let yourself bring up some elevated emotions. Let yourself feel these emotions of expansion while continuing to breathe in and out of your heart center. Do this for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Once you feel these elevated emotions within your chest or body, send that energy out beyond your body in space. Become aware that this energy is within you and all around you and feel. Marry that energy with an intention—like the thought that you are open to a mystical experience that will change you forever, or that you move to the realm of Time-Space. Continue to broadcast that energy and those intentions all around you. This sets your intention of why you are doing this meditation in the first place. Radiate that energy beyond your body into space—the longer you are conscious of the energy in and all around you, the more you are connecting with the emotions and energy of your future and activating your creative center, which is your connection to the unified field. Do this for 10 minutes.
- Now you’ll begin to bless your energy centers, starting with the first one. You’re going to bless the first energy center by resting your attention first in the space of this energy center, then in the space around it, and then you will tune in to its energy or frequency both within you and all around you.
- Next, move on to the second center and do the same thing—rest your attention in the space of this center, then the space around it, and tune in to its energy within you and all around you. Blessing each energy center should take about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Before you move on to the third center, however, you are going to focus your attention on the first and second center at the same time. As you focus on them together rather than individually, you are attuning and aligning them together.
- You’re going to continue this process with each energy center, aligning all these energy centers with your attention. For example, when you are finished blessing the third energy center, you will anchor your attention on the first three centers and feel them all at the same time. Then move to the fourth. Before you shift your attention to the fifth energy center, you will align the first four energy centers all at once—all the way up to the eighth energy center and then on to the field around your entire body. This should take about 40 to 45 minutes.
- Then you’re going to lie down for 10 to 20 minutes and let your autonomic nervous system take the orders to balance the body.
- Next, you’re going to sit up and do the breath, bringing that energy all the way up to the top of your head into your brain. Once that energy reaches your brain, you are going to keep your intrinsic muscles contracted while holding your breath—compressing the tiny calcite crystals of the pineal gland. As you hold it and squeeze, you are exerting a mechanical stress against those crystals, which is going to create a piezoelectric effect. The mechanical stress you create by increasing intrathecal pressure against those crystals is going to activate an electric signal in the pineal gland, which will produce an electromagnetic field in your sixth center.
- When you’re done with the breath, you’re going to activate the pineal gland in one final way. I want you to locate that gland in the sixth center and rest your attention there—between the back of your throat and the back of your head in space. By placing your attention there, you are placing your energy there. This is your target, and when you tune in to it with your awareness, you will feel its energy. Keep your attention there for about 5 minutes.
- Next, as a thought, an awareness, or a consciousness, I want you to get really tiny and move into the chamber of the pineal gland—entering the room inside that pinecone shaped gland—sense the space of that room, in the center of this organ, in the blackness of space. Now you’re inside the pineal gland, sensing its walls and its dimensions. You should be able to do that because you can sense the space any room is in in space—you’ve been practicing it for quite a while. This is just advancing that practice to this next level. If your consciousness is there, then you are bringing more energy to that center. If you can sense this space, you’re now coordinating a point, and you’re inside of it. You’ll linger there for about 5 minutes.
- Now it’s time to activate the pineal gland by radiating an elevated frequency beyond the boundaries of the walls of the room of this gland and into space. When you do this, it’s time to feel unlimited. You’re going to radiate your energy beyond that room into the big black space, and the longer you raise that frequency, the more you’re changing the pineal gland’s chemistry. Once you raise the energy, since you know all energy is frequency and all frequency carries information, I want you to hold the intention that this gland become activated and release its sacred metabolites for the mystical experience. All I want you to do is radiate that intent, which you should be able to do by now if you’ve been practicing. By raising your frequency and holding the thought for it to be activated, you activate the gland. Do this for another 5 minutes.
- For the last part, while your attention is on the back of your head and you’re inside the chamber of the gland, I want you to open up, tune in to the energy beyond your head in that vast eternal black space, and just receive. The longer you’re conscious of this energy, and the more you can receive that frequency, the more you are altering and upgrading melatonin to its radical metabolites. Now you’re programming its chemistry. Don’t expect anything to happen, don’t try to anticipate—just keep tuning in and receiving its energy by staying aware of it.
- After you’re done, you’re going to lie down again and surrender for about 15 to 20 minutes, letting the subconscious mind take over as you drift off to sleep. Now you have primed your brain for the mystical. You may want to set an alarm.
- Finally, when you are ready, bring your awareness back to a new body, a new environment, and a whole new time. Come back to the world of the senses and open your eyes.
(This was written by Dr. Joe Dispenza)
The purpose of this meditation is to tune into the power and feelings always present in our hearts – and use that transformative energy to draw new life to us. To fall in love with life – and love the life we love.
The meditation begins with the basic breath – pulling the mind out of the body. From there, students will practice convergent and divergent focus, tuning into “nothing” and entering the unknown – the only place from which creation is possible.
There are so many things we want in life – to be joyful; to be in love; to be free; to be inspired; to be grateful. The mistake so many of us make is waiting for something outside of us to happen – before we think we can experience those feelings.
Awakening and opening our hearts, we find the strength and feelings that are always available to us when we go within. Love. Joy. Peace. Kindness. Caring. Empowerment. Gratitude. And by remembering and sustaining those feelings, we can love new experiences into our lives – into the new life we’re drawing to us. The core elements we feel now … will be the feelings of the future life we create.
(This was written by Dr. Joe Dispenza)
This meditation is in three parts:
- The first part is the induction, in which you will use the open-focus technique to get you into more coherent alpha or theta brain-wave states where you’re more suggestible. This is vital, because the only way you can truly influence your heath and become the placebo is when your own suggestibility is enhanced.
- In the second part, you’ll find the present moment and linger in the quantum void, where all possibilities exist.
- And in the third part, you’ll change your beliefs and perceptions.
Part 1: Induction: Creating Brain Coherence and Slower Brain Waves with Open Focus
When you move into the open-focus meditation, you’ll be going from particle to wave, from the narrow focus you usually have on people, places, and things in the outer world to a more open focus - where you’ll be concentrating not on any physical thing, but on space. After all, if an atom is approximately 99.9 percent energy and we’re always focusing on the particle, maybe it’s time we paid some attention to the wave, because our awareness and our energy are intrinsically combined - putting attention on our energy is what amplifies our energy.
When you use this technique, your brain naturally recalibrates, because to do it correctly, you have to let go of your analytical mind (which is very busy thinking in high beta as an identity). That identity, who you know yourself to be, is connected to the external environment, to your emotional addictions and habits, and to time. The moment you get beyond those elements, you’re nothing but pure consciousness, and as you read earlier, the different compartments of your brain begin to communicate better and your brain waves become very orderly - they start sending a coherent signal to the rest of the body...
Stay present during this meditation; don’t try to figure anything outand don’t try to visualize. Just sense and feel. If you can sense where your left ankle is, if you can feel where your nose is, and if you can sense where the space between your sternum and your chest is, then you’re resting your awareness, your consciousness, and your attention in those places. You might get a picture or an image in your head (say, of your chest or of your heart), but you don’t have to strive for that; you just have to become aware of the space within and around your body in space.
This first part of the meditation should last for approximately 10 to 15 minutes.
Part 2: Becoming Possibility: Finding the Present Moment and Lingering in the Void
In this next part of the meditation, you’ll find the sweet spot of the present moment, where all things are possible. To do that, you must lay down your identity and disconnect from your body, the environment, and time, because the longer you linger in the unknown, the more you draw the unknown to you. And if nerve cells that no longer fire together no longer wire together, you’ll be silencing the circuits in your brain that are connected to the old self. As you’ve read, those circuits maintain a hard wired program, so if you successfully disconnect from them, you’ll also be disconnecting from the program. You’ll no longer be emotionally signaling the same genes in the same way. And then as your body moves into a more balanced and harmonious state, you’ll find yourself in the sweet spot of the present moment, and that’s where all possibility exists.
If you find your mind drifting to thoughts about people you know, various problems you have, events that happened in the past or that are coming up in your future, your body, your weight, your pain, your hunger, or even how long this meditation will go on, simply become aware of those thoughts and then bring your consciousness back to the blackness or the quantum void of possibility. And then, once more, surrender into nothing.
This second part of the meditation should last for approximately 10 to15 minutes.
Part 3: Changing Beliefs and Perceptions about Yourself and Your Life
In the final section of the meditation, it’s time to bring up that first belief or perception about your life that you want to change. I’ll ask you if you want to continue believing and perceiving in that way. If your answer is no, then you’ll be invited to make a decision with such firm intention that the amplitude of energy related to that decision is greater than the hardwired programs in your brain and the emotional addictions in your body. Your body will then respond to a new mind, to a new consciousness.
Next I’ll ask you, “What do you want to believe and perceive about yourself and your life, and how would that feel?” Then your task will be to move into a new state of being. You’ll have to change your energy by marrying a clear intention with an elevated emotion - and lift matter to a new mind. You should get up feeling different from when you sat down. If so, then you changed biologically.
At that point, the past will no longer exist, because that higher amplitude experience will have just overwritten the program of the old experience. That’s why making that choice becomes an experience that you never forget, because now it’s a long-term memory. You’ll be making an unknown possibility known, which takes you out of the past-now and puts you into the future-now, where the event has already happened. Remember, it’s not your job to figure out when or where or how it’s going to happen. Your job is merely to move into a new state of being and then see the future you’re creating. Then you’ll be guided to change the second belief or perception, so you’ll repeat the same process all over again.
This final part of the meditation will last for approximately 20 to 30minutes.
(This was written by Dr. Joe Dispenza)